Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Story So Far...

Ha ha, I'm so annoyed with myself... Why? I hear you ask, well let me tell you. I, as do many other borderline creative types, like to keep a notebook handy. You just never know when an idea will strike, and I'm buggered if I can remember that same earth shattering gem two minutes later. And as for the ideas that won't let me sleep...

So, it's a pad by the bed, notebook in my jacket pocket and yet another larger one in my bag... You get the idea.


Well, I had one special little notebook that I liked to write very, very short pieces of mostly non-fiction. Each one only 50 words. "Only", what I should have used is "exactly" 50 words. These are more of a writing exercise then anything else, but I was starting to enjoy them.

And I've gone and lost it...

Yes, I know... what a twat!

So here, in honour of my perfect balls-up. The loss of six months scribbling, I present to you the eloquently titled...

PISSED OFF...

His notebook, gone, lost. Months of work, the ideas, the laughable attempts at satire, the angry lashings of idiots on the bus, misplaced. All his pockets and draws turned out, on chairs, on tip toes searching the high.
With a torch, on his knees, the low. He found everything but.


You get the idea... Exactly 50 words, if you haven't before, try it. The title doesn't count but anymore than 2 words is just cheating.
Feel free to post a few in the comments below. I would love to read them.

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment